Our mission is to create a sustainable academic and physical home at Dartmouth for the discipline of clinical and translational science. Our vision is to foster discovery, improve the infrastructure for clinical and translational science, nurture cross-disciplinary collaborative spirit, enhance translational research training, and facilitate the development of innovative and efficient solutions for translating scientific discoveries into practice and improved population health.
By creating an academic and physical home for the intellectual discipline of clinical and translational science, SYNERGY is transforming Dartmouth’s research and training environment. Specifically, SYNERGY:
- Nurtures innovation by building connections and providing resources for discovery.
- Addresses barriers to translational research.
- Fosters collaborative interactions between basic, translational, and health services researchers.
- Accelerates the translation of discovery into clinical practice and the community.
- Aligns Dartmouth research more completely with local, regional, and national partners.
- Expands the resources available for improving population health, working with communities and health care services throughout Northern New England and beyond.
- Enriches training and funding mechanisms for new and established researchers.
- Facilitates the development of innovative and efficient solutions for translating scientific discoveries into practice and improved population health.